Saturday, May 23, 2009

AMES

Back in Ames!! 

Apparently due to memorial day, all Iowa transportation center are closed..
which means to me:
1) I skipped work for nothing
2) I have got no choice but to take my driver license in Sioux City.
3) I learned my mistake this time, and will remember to check online for operating hours instead of making an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'. Now when I head back to work, i'll have to apologize to Scott, and Tomalyn and get 2 merit points for late notification. 

Greeaaatt.....

I can't help to feel bitter, but again, what is done IS done. Instead of looking back and feel really dumb about my doings, just look forward to see how to enjoy myself to the fullest in Ames! =) I'm really happy to be back 'home', all the old faces makes me feels warm at heart. Some really good updates too! Such as, Zi ting's belly got bigger as if he is 4 months pregnant. His baby should be a mix match of steak, coke, chips, beef jerky, spagetthi etc etc.. urgh... 

10 weeks internship has begun and I've live through the first week. First day was almost hell for me but things are getting better. I got to know more people, the white hats, brown hats and most importantly, I finally knew the dark side of this company. The Big Boss sucks, never smiles and hates QA. So far, I had never been yelled at, but I heard that he is always yelling at everyone and he will fire just anyone if he doesnt sees fit. He came to the plant yesterday intended to test the new disinewers, and everyone went NUTZ on the radio. 'He is here, look busy!!' or 'Get out of the QA lab, he doesn't like to see people there!!' so Tomalyn  and I decided to hide ourself at the dock, or behind those beef so theres no way he can see us. =)
At some point, I think its really hillarious when I see how these people are sweating and panicking on his arrival. It almost reminds me on how I always avoid Chan and makes myself seems busy while working in the cafe. well, except that no one really listens to him.. 

oh well, maybe this IS the industry, finally got a glimpse of what office politics are like, how communication can be really bad, how QA job in SSC  is really a challenge..  There is not a difinition for a QA position, I thought I prefered the lab work where you can be in snowy white frock, looking all tidy and clean.. but wouldn't that job sucks after a while? It will be so mundane! I had rather this experience of walking around the entire plant to do hourly, test and swab, interact with people than with test tubes.. It did sound really bad for the first time, and I even thought that this is labor but it really depends on how one perceives it.  At least now I know that at the end of this ten weeks, QA experience is not just what I will recieve, but experience with huge machines, multicultural community, and perhaps some jalepeno and tacos. 

uh oh.. laptop batt is dying and stomach is growling.. hm... I think I'm going to solo drive to walmart and do a little shopping. Some milk and cereal will make my day =) 

Already.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home