Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Greetings from South Dakota!

After 3++ hours of intense driving (and teng foong next to me always encouraging me), we reached my new apartment in South Dakota. Tomorrow i'll be car pooling with the other intern to BPI in Nebraska and I'll be back in Ames, Iowa during the weekend.

4 Days, 3 States.. XD

I can't wait! My internship at BPI will begin in 8 hours time. Although I don't really know what to expect, i'm sure things will fall into parts and it will turn out just fine. All I know about this internship is that IT IS GOING TO BE TOUGH, I'm scheduled to do all 3 shifts during this 10 weeks internship, in which means sleeping hours and eating habits is screwed up.

My beloved once said:

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how we dance in the rain."

"Its always hard to be kicked off your comfort zone" Ali said, but it is during these times where you learned to be better and stronger.

___________________________________________________________________________________
05-19-2009

my first day of work: orientation + Tour around the QA lab.

After a whole day of orientation, I just want to go home, rest and chat with Teng Foong.

I miss him already.. Really..

Ive got my red hard hat, safety glasses, stop watch, safety locks, flashlights, mask, a notebook, a pen, locker combination number and a pair of boots to walk around the facilities.

I am not very ready for tomorrow but i hope I'll built up some excitement and courage in me to be ready for my first internship tomorrow starting at 4pm. YES, you didn't see it wrong, my shift begins 4am, which means I'll be waking up while 202 is playing poker and leave for work while 202 is STILL playing poker.

God I miss Ames already, though I should be thankful that I'm offered a summer job but part of me wants to be in Ames with my friends and my love. I was told that I might have to work 7 days a week sometimes during my intern session, and working hours might goes up to 45 hours a week.Oh man, will I survive this, will summer just be work and work and work? I guess I could think positively and be happy with the good earnings. Besides, its only three months.. It will be good! =)

My dear wants me to think positively, he wants me to be happy. Therefore i'll make full use of this internship, learn about the industry and enjoy as much as i can.

I will do fine, I will do great!!


05-18-2009

2 Comments:

Blogger Siti said...

*yum yum*
Go rach go! You'll be amazed by how much u learned through the summer.. Lup u !

May 19, 2009 at 11:57 PM

 
Blogger lim said...

rachel, all the best with your internship! And the more you work the better, MONEY! xD

May 20, 2009 at 8:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home