Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Internship 2nd day: Getting into REAL business!

Sometimes, it seems things are planned well by God. When I'm fearful, God puts someone near me to advise me, to give me motivation, bring back my courage.. Thank God for putting me in a very caring family, thank God for bringing to me my boyfriend, Teng Foong and Tom (the house owner, who had at least brought me up for a walk, breathe in some fresh air and talk with me how his experience at the military had made him stronger.)

first day of work was hard, difficult, dirty and heavy. At a point when I looked at my own reflection, I don't see myself, i see a lady construction worker. My hard head, heavy radio, flash lights in my pocket makes me look just like a construction worker. So off I go, to do my first round with Tamolyn (my own QA Trainer)at 4am in the morning. CIP was going on at that time, those chemicals and air vapor was all over the the facilities. All these crap was sniffed in, stuck in my nasal system till 7am. I had enough of it till 7am, I'm not a quitter but if I sense that I'm going to pass out anytime soon, I definitely notify someone! So I was sent to the nurse and soon found out that I am s little hypersensitive to those chemicals and we sat and talk about 20 minutes. But i'll make it short for you, her conclusion of that 20 minutes pointless talk is: 'if you want this job, you have to put up with it'

nuff' said.

I got the message,like i said, i am not a quitter and so I walked my way to the plant again and be ready to pick up a whole new challenge. More and More and More challenges.. From getting all beef juice sprinkled on your face, walking through the world-wettest-facilities carefully to avoid falling, carrying 60 lbs boxes for test, climbing up and down to check sanitation, dump beef sample waste and be disgusted by blood residues.. All have to be done at every hour until your shift ends.

This is not just it, tomorrow i'll be doing something different.. and mind you. I am hell READY for it!

It is not till now that I realized so many people actually care very much for me. My parents, my siblings, my boyfriend. My Dad especially had talked only on the phone with me for less than 10 minutes and it was the best 10 minutes talk I had with my dad. The most touching moment I experienced with my dad..

'Take it as a challenge, mei mei. Its hard to get a job now, and you made it and got it. Now that you got it, even if its difficult, its only 3 months. Put up with it, live through it. You know it is only going to make you stronger. 外面没有比家里好. If anything, dont hesititate to call home'.

When he said that, tears came rolling down on my cheek..

For my family members, who had loved me and trust in me, and for myself.. I will take this challenge, be strong and stronger. I will make good use of this opportunity. 
Bite my lips, live through it!

' What doesn't breaks me will only makes me stronger '



1 Comments:

Blogger lim said...

Ask them to hire chris to improve the working environment xD

All the best~~

May 23, 2009 at 9:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home