Monday, August 16, 2010

Good Bye Lads

Some part of me really wants to be back in Ames with my love ones but theres still a little part of me that wishes to stay in Cork. After all, it has been 9 weeks and I've made a good number of friends. I feel sad having to bid goodbye and wonder when we will meet again.

There will be one person that I miss very much, professor Fox. Although he can be rather intimidating and direct when it comes to research and papers, he played a very encouraging character throughout my internship in Ireland. Like the rest of the weekdays, almost like his daily routine where he will visit me in the lab and be updated on my research progress; but this time was to bid farewell and to wish me the very best. The last thing he said was :'be good' :) I wish for the day to come where he will stop reviewing my paper for the 20th times, but my heart felt heavy when I realized that I might never meet such a dedicated professor anymore.

The cheese lab, 322 lab, vict lodge buddies, Diana, Avril, the technicians, James..
All these people has made my experience in Cork a great one, and i am going to be missing them very much. Regardless if I get the fundings to continue my studies here in UCC, I promise to make it a point to stay in touch.

So here it goes. A tiny chapter of my life in Ireland has come to an end and theres only good memories, good experience.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home