Sunday, September 20, 2009

Golden Birthday :)

In a few minutes time, I'm turning 21 on the 21st of September. I'll be out of my teen into the threshold of adulthood. The transition of life where it is almost like a butterfly coming out of a cocoon.

Its my golden birthday but I'm drowned with a lot of homework and assignments. I would not be able to enjoy it the way the others did. I envied those that had a great party set up for the very day and I wish I could skip all of the homework and celebrate it with my loved ones.

I guess there will be nothing really interesting for me on this day. Just that its time for some self evaluation, and reflections on what I've achieved during the past 20 years.

I've failed many times and I've learned to stand up from my fall. I've learned wonderful things from my peers and had also learned to love one another. I've matured myself and have come to know the real world. I've accepted some facts and are ready to live with it. Ive learned that when people give you praise or critics, its for you to take as reference and for them to keep. I've learned through experiences that had helped me in succeeding the things I'm dealing with today.

Wonderful 20 years of ups and downs.
I look back and there are no regrets.

Now, I'm ready to march on to a new phase of life. =)


How swift have flown
To me thy girlish times,
A woman grown beneath
My heedless eyes!
In vain I rack
My fancy to believe
The almanac,
That speaks thee twenty-one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home